Lisa, Great tips to help increase your sales! I do use your last tip on a regular basis, and that is give the customer something for FREE. This is "HUGE". People eat that stuff up and they remember you for it, and usually it leads to repeat sales. Thanks for sharing this very useful information! ~Joseph McDevitt
10 Ways To Increase Sales Online or OfflineBy
1. Follow-up – Once your customer buys from you be sure to send a “thank you” via a custom branded email or handwritten postcard. Follow up with that customer on a regular basis to stay in front of them so that when they are ready to buy again they will remember you first.
2. Upsell – For the online marketers it’s a nice enhancement to your shopping cart when you offer the customer a complimentary product or add-ons to the product they selected. Show them the value of purchasing the additional item and they will order. A great example of an upsell provider is Amazon.com.
3. Online referrals – Give a bonus to the customers that use your Tell-A-Friend service that allows the customer to enter the names and email addresses of their friends. The bonus might be an eBook, a rebate on the order or a discount on their next order.
4. Affiliate Programs – When you sell a product, give your customers the option of joining an affiliate program so they can make commissions selling your product. This will multiply the sale you just made.
5. Sell the reprint/reproduction rights to your products – Let’s say you write an eBook where the content offers great value. Rather than keep it to yourself make sales by offering the reproduction rights to users who want to publish it for you.
6. Cross Promotion – Include an ad or flyer for other products you sell and ask other businesses to include that flyer for you as well. Pizza shops are great at including business flyers for multiple businesses.
7. Product Shipment – Include a coupon for other related products or a discount on your next order. Tell them to hang it near their computer so they remember to use it then send out a followup email reminder a short time after their initial order.
8. Send your customers a catalog – For people who order online the have friends that don’t. Send them a catalog reminding them of new specials and to pass it along to someone who they think would enjoy it.
9. Gift Certificates – Gift certificates are an excellent resource for additional orders. Your customers could purchase them online or direct from you for future purchases or services.
10. Include free products – People love free stuff. The freebies should have your brand/logo, website address and phone number on them. It could be bumper stickers, ball caps, t-shirts, ebooks, etc.
My favorite tool for helping increase sales and stay connected with my customers is the Ace of Sales system. You can try it out for free with promo code: SALINE30. When you set up a free account send me your first branded email so you can see the power of how it would work in your business. Send it to Lisa (at) Lisa Saline (dot) com.
Hi Lisa, great tips on how to increase your sales. The tip on giving people something for free has worked for me. I have given people products and they have become my customers, since they realized that the products really work and their health and energy has improved. Thank you for your post. Love and Joy from Yorinda
Hey there Lis, Great post here. I have found that upsells and affiliate marketing have been some of my most profitable business ventures when it comes to online marketing. However when you are talking about offline marketing a lot of companies have now started to adopt the affiliate business model, like Netflix for example. Talk soon, Matthew Neer
Lisa, Thank you for this excellent list of ways to increase sales. It is so important for us business owners to keep the sales coming. So often a single idea is all that is needed to move sales forward. Thank you, Jim
Hey Lisa, These are excellent tips that everyone should use in their business. I particularly like sending postcards to customers and new business partners on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing this with us all. Make it a great day! God Bless, -ed
Lisa: I so often hear from clients that they just can't find effective ways to market and that their sales orders are small. You have touched on many great ways to boost not only the number of orders you receive but also the size of the orders. Thank you for this thought provoking post. There are so many "no cost" and "low cost" marketing methods that are available to people. They tend to never look past pay-per-click, and then wonder why it costs them an arm and a leg to stay in business. Keep up the great work. I look forward to reading your future posts. Live with passion and purpose, Vanessa