Reminds me of my living room growing up where the poem "Don't Quit" hung. It was there my whole life. Great post.
The only sure way for your people to lose is if they give up.By
Following leadership article is from ArtWilliams.com
“The only sure way for your people to lose is if they give up. Your lack of encouragement should never be the reason a person quits. A leader must always keep believing in people, no matter what.”
No. 1 – Have confidence in your people.
- See each person as a winner.
- Expect success from everyone.
- Let people know you think they can win.
No. 2 – Recognize each accomplishment, no matter how small.
- Show people that you know what they do.
- Make each small accomplishment seem major – it really is.
- Make your praise public – people love to be recognized among their peers.
No. 3 – Sell the dream, again.
- Never think you can stop “selling the dream.”
- People need to be constantly reminded of the rewards of their hard work.
- Encourage people to talk about their personal goals and dreams. (You could have a “dream” session and ask each person to tell his personal “success dream.”)
No. 4 – Don’t give up on people when they make mistakes.
- Live with them through the tough times, as well as the easy times.
- Care about each person as an individual.
- Allow people to learn from their mistakes. Never criticize.
AND…Never be guilty of giving up AS A LEADER.
"See each person as a winner." Our perspective makes such a difference. We will treat others with respect when we realize how awesome they are. Working with them may be a challenge at times, but they're still awesome.
“The only sure way for your people to lose is if they give up. Your lack of encouragement should never be the reason a person quits. A leader must always keep believing in people..." I so LOVE this... Thanks Lisa.